A message from a friend of mine came up on my phone.
“Are you free tonight to join us for dinner?”
“Sorry I’m not, I have a date, enjoy guys! 😊”, I replied.
This is what I do on Friday nights. I spend quiet Friday nights with my virtual dates; Tony Robbins, Brendon Burchard, Jim Rohn… you name it.
And I spent the whole of last Friday night with Brian Tracy.
It's been 12 hours now since I was in the same virtual room as Brian Tracy, a legendary leadership and personal development coach.
I've always enjoyed the amount of wisdom he shares with us via his books and videos online, and this time I was listening to Brian sharing his thoughts on the key principles of what business owners like yourselves and myself must do to be successful.
I wanted to write this email to share with you the key takeaways that I learned from this quiet evening with Brian Tracy.
And my hope is to either get you thinking of new ideas or to reinforce the ones that you already have. As Brian shared, sometimes all it takes is an idea or concept to change your whole life.
🔥 MY KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Your most valuable asset is your reputation. Your reputation is your brand and identity - it is how you want your clients to remember you.
- The 80-20 rule. Only 20% of people are really successful in their chosen profession or business because the other 80% lack clarity over their brand and identity.
- Your quality of thinking will affect the quality of your work, which will then affect the quality of the results that you are getting.
- Successful people:
- Think long-term instead of short-term.
- Set goals regularly and create action plans to achieve these goals.
- Think on paper - meaning that they write down every thought, idea, goal and plan because writing things down will engage both the conscious and unconscious mind while activating the law of attraction to work in their favour.
- You must learn how to move on from something that isn't working. Formulate a better way to do something if the initial way doesn't work.
- Brian's first law of horse riding: "Get off the horse if it’s dead."🎠
- Activity is the key to success. Thoughts will never amount to anything unless you take action to make it a reality.
- The biggest obstacle to success is DISTRACTIONS. Learn to say “NO” to the things that aren't in-line with what you are trying to achieve. Ask yourself, "Is what I'm doing now moving me closer to what I want to achieve, or is it derailing me?"
- Be committed to being successful.
Which one of these takeaways haven’t you ticked off yet? Share with me by commenting on this blog post below.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...