ConnectGene delivers personalised cancer diagnosis and treatment options to give patients a better chance of controlling their cancer. Although ConnectGene offered unique cancer treatment options, they were still struggling to get their name out there and they decided that a new website would be a major step ahead. So they turned to OMD for help.
First, in working with Connectgene, it was clear that its website needed a complete overhaul to better convey its services and make it easier for people to call or connect with the clinic. To do this successfully, OMD completely redesigned and rebuilt the website; performed onsite optimizations and keyword research, identifying the appropriate keywords to use in online content that would best attract their ideal audience.
The new website was built to align with SEO best practices, such as optimizing web page title tags, descriptions and image alt tags. It’s amazing how taking the time to do these little things- and do them right can drastically improve search engine rankings.
The new website had the following improvements as compared to the old one:
- The homepage clearly states the life-changing possibilities that the innovative cancer treatment options can offer to patients.
- Persuasive calls to action pop up throughout the page to guide visitors through the next steps.
- There is a logical flow of content so that users can easily find the information they are looking for and it’s clear to them the next action to take.
- More compelling and concise copy builds trust and persuades the user to take action.
- The modern design featuring large bright images and beautiful graphics catches the eye and keeps visitors surfing the website.
- OMD’s in-house photographer spent time on site taking pictures of the ConnectGene office, staff members and various interactions between consenting patients and staff to depict what it’s really like at Connectgene. These photos were incorporated throughout the website where appropriate.
- Dedicated pages for each treatment option increases the likelihood of showing up in search results.