May 26th, 2018
According to an annual report by Vitals, patients wait an average of 19 minutes and 19 seconds before they see a doctor. Certainly, this amount of time isn’t substantial, but healthcare professionals and patients alike can benefit if these times continue to decrease. And how to handle “wait times” is constantly evolving; with innovations in technology, you now have the ability to provide patient care even before sitting down face-to-face with them.
We think the waiting room experience for your patients doesn’t have to be boring and unproductive. And if you can’t always avoid having patients wait, you can improve their experience and satisfaction. So how do you engage your patients while they wait?
Today, practices are implementing the use of tablets during their check-in process which provides a powerful method for collecting and providing critical information for their patients.
So, to help you, today we will be sharing our five quick tips for turning wait times into patient satisfaction:
- Offer Wifi On The Tablet [4:35]
- Ask Them To Take A Survey [4:58]
- Ask Them To Leave Your Practice A Review [5:33]
- Engage Them With Your Website Content Library [6:50]
- Ask Your Patients To Check Out Your Social Media Sites And Engage In Any Promotional Campaigns That You Are Running On These Channels [8:53]
Importance of Patient Reviews and 5 Steps to Getting More Patient Reviews
When Should You Redesign Your Healthcare Website?
Podcast guest registration:
Podcast topic survey: