May 28th, 2018
Many practices make the mistake of focusing only on gaining new patients. They fail to effectively address the need to retain those they already have.
The average practice loses between 15 to 20% of their patient base per annum. Yet only 7 to 8% will move out of your area each year.
One main reason why patients leave a practice is that the practice doesn’t stay in touch. If you don’t stay in touch with your patients, they will think that you don’t care, or other services you offer that may be of interest to them and their network of family and friends, and they won’t know why they need to come in for regular check-ups or to complete their treatment plan.
Basically, not staying in touch implies that it doesn’t matter to you if a patient returns or not.
In this podcast we talked about the 7 Effective ways to nurture your relationship with your existing patients or in other words, how to increase the patient retention rate. We discuss;
- Your Most Valuable Asset [0:46]
- Why Do Patients Leave? [2:05]
- Why You Should Reactivate Patients? [3:02]
- Developing Internal Marketing Strategies and Examples [3:55]
- The Most Cost Effective Strategy: Email [7:07]
- Stay Personal With Patients By Posting A Letter [8:50]
- Keep In Touch By Phone Calls [10:05]
- Immediate Communication by SMS Message [11:12]
- Show Your Knowledge By Hosting A Webinar [11:49]
- The Value Of Incentive-Based Marketing [14:04]
- Why Your Reactivation Campaign Doesn’t Succeed [15:43]
HOW TO USE WEBINARS TO INCREASE YOUR PATIENTS AND REFERRALS
Automate Your Marketing to Leverage Your Time and Scale Your Practice
Podcast guest registration: https://onlinemarketingfordoctors.com/podcast-guests/
Podcast topic survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FVWYYDJ