DR. NAVEEN SOMIA
“Over the last 12 months, we have increased the web traffic by over 100 percent and also increased the conversion by over 100 percent.”
Dr Naveen Somia / MBBS, PhD, FRACS Medical & Plastic / Reconstructive Surgeon / ASAPS President
Dr Naveen Somia is a well-known plastic surgeon in Australia specialising in Eyelid/bag surgery and breast reduction.
In early 2016, Dr Naveen Somia decided to seek external help from a professional SEO agency who could take on the online presence of the practice.
Following a recommendation to Dr Naveen from Jeff Bullas – a world famous Digital Marketing Strategist and after a thorough interview and background check, Online Marketing for Doctors were commissioned to work on Dr Naveen Somia’s website.
AFTER ONE YEAR...
number of new
Since commencing the campaign with Dr Naveen Somia (March 2015) we have managed to achieve these results after one year:
- An increase of 109% in monthly web traffic to Dr Naveen Somia’s website.
- 227 % increase in leads
- 115 % increase in number of new patients
- Top page 1 ranking for hyper-competitive keywords and national keywords: Eye bag surgery Sydney, Eye bag removal Sydney, Eye bag removal, Upper eyelid surgery, Lower eyelid surgery Sydney, eye lift surgery Sydney, Plastic Surgeon Bondi Junction, Plastic Surgery Bondi Junction, Medical Surgery Bondi Junction
Figure 1: Online marketing performance on Landing page, Blogging and emailing campaigns
Figure 2: Top ranking for competitive keyword such as “Cosmetic Surgeon Bondi Junction” on both Google Maps and Google organic search results
Figure 3: Monthly traffic growth after 7 months in the campaign
Figure 4: Top Ranking for Keyword “Eye bag surgery”
Online Marketing Strategy to set the directions for activities and tactics
This is critically important session that allowed us to give Dr Naveen Somia a clear direction for their online marketing activities, resources and to establish a clear pathway to reach their business goals.
We sat down with Dr Naveen Somia, and gained some fundamental information about the practice: target patients, key services, their niches, differences, strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities from the market, and we used this information to devise a custom online marketing strategy for Dr Naveen Somia.
Research on What Strong Competitors Do and How They Do Well
Our competitor research is designed to gain a clear understanding of who are our clients strongest competitors- what are their competitive advantages, value propositions and online marketing activities. We specifically identify;
- Where do these competitors advertise?
- How is their advertising working?
- Which are their biggest website traffic referral sources?
- SEO Strategy: what keywords are they targeting, where do they build links, where do they promote their websites?
Gaining an insight into what competitors do and how competitors they do it gives our team and the client directions on how to surpass them.
Highlight Dr Naveen Somia’s Value Proposition and Key Differences
After conducting extensive research on the industry and Dr Naveen Somia’s biggest competitors, and also after interviewing Dr Naveen Somia himself, we were able to identify Dr Naveen Somia ’s biggest strengths and value proposition, and the key points of difference compared to the competition.
We then highlighted these key selling points on the website home page and all subpages to ensure that their target prospects would be able to view them easily from wherever they landed on the website.
Comprehensive Keyword Research For All Targeted Suburb, Services and Blog Content
We extensively researched appropriate keywords for all of the service pages on the website and for all targeted suburbs. We also conducted comprehensive long-tail keyword research to find out which search terms that users used to find information related to Dr Naveen Somia’s main services.
This comprehensive keyword research enabled us to devise a strategy to help Dr Naveen Somia target all the important suburbs in Sydney.
The keyword research not only cover short-tail but also long-tail keywords for blog content development.
Build More Niche Service Pages
We gradually built more pages for Dr Naveen Somia by adding, highly specific niche service pages with unique content.
A website with 100 pages has greater traffic than a 10-page website, simply because it offers more topics that users could search for.
We applied this strategy on Dr Naveen Somia’s service pages.
Implement SEO On-site Best Practices
We implemented best practice for on-page optimisation adhering to Google and other search engine webmaster guidelines;
- Rewrite benefits-driven copy that places users at the centre. Our goal is to create a website that users can quickly find the information they need more easily.
- Ensuring Proper Indexation: Through the use of sitemaps, pagination, no-indexing tags and the reconciliation of all duplicate content, we were able to ensure the proper indexation of Dr Naveen Somia’s website.
- Individually crafted, uniquely written Meta Titles, Meta Descriptions, and Heading tags for all pages. By optimising the site’s title tags, meta description tags, heading tags and content to include targeted keywords, we were able to increase the search traffic.
- Improve the website’s load times for proper SEO on both desktop and mobile devices. This is one of the key elements to increase the website ranking performance.
- “No Follow” for unimportant links
- Add image ALT tags to all images
- Other technical SEO setups
Gain Local Reviews – Greatest SEO Weapon
As part of our local SEO works, we assisted Dr Naveen Somia to reach out to their current and future clients asking for real testimonials for the website and to actively leave reviews on Dr Naveen Somia’ Google Plus Local account.
We understand that Businesses with large volumes of positive reviews started ranking higher than those with few or negative reviews.
This helps Dr Naveen Somia to have;
- Increased search rankings: the more positive reviews that you have, the higher you’re going to rank
- Increased referral traffic: Dr Naveen Somia gaining referral traffic from not only Google Plus Local but Facebook and other local and industry review sites as well.
- Greater brand authority: When people read great reviews about Dr Naveen Somia brand, they’ll be more likely to start with a great impression of Dr Naveen Somia’s practice, and more likely to spread the word to their friends and family.
- Gained critical feedback opportunities: Sometimes doing business isn’t perfect. In both positive and negative reviews of Dr Naveen Somia’s operation, Dr Naveen Somia finds critical pieces of feedback that they can learn from and use to make their practice even better.
Figure 5: Dr Naveen Somia has gained a good number of positive reviews on their Google Plus Local profile
Figure 6: Authentic reviews help Dr Naveen Somia convert visitors to leads better. These reviews reaffirm the niche that Dr Naveen has specialised in and established himself as the expert in this type of medical surgery works.
Engage, Nurture Existing Clients and Prospects through Email Marketing
Email marketing has been underutilised by most medical practices. We looked at Dr Naveen Somia’s current newsletter template and proposed the following solutions;
- Redesign the newsletter template, reducing clutter and removing unnecessary details on the newsletter
- Personalise the newsletters with relevant Email Subjects and Content
- Introduced some email list building tactics via website and paid Facebook and Google Advertising
As a result, the email open rate has increased up to 710%
Drive Community Engagement through Blogging
After reviewing our research on Dr Naveen Somia’s target audience, their market persona, content voice and matching it to our extensive long-tail keyword research we proposed a content plan designed to promote Dr Naveen Somia as the industry leader.
Through this analysis we uncovered additional opportunities for long tail search traffic. By using visitor surveys and analytical reports, we were able develop content topics that Dr Naveen Somia’s audience was interested in.
This allowed us to better connect with existing audience members and generate more leads.
Increase Blog Engagement
To help increase engagement we taught Dr Naveen Somia how to fine tune their writing style to help encourage more commentary and questions from their visitors.
This content plan also covered the most popular topics that users would search for and we proposed a varied type of content to engage the readership and increase social sharing, including;
- Informative articles
- Useful guides
Set up a Sale Funnel that Generates New Patients on Auto Pilot Mode
This strategy is a little known and yet super-efficient tactic that once set up, we use to help doctors get more patients through the door automatically without doing personal selling over and over again.
Build High Quality Links
Incoming links from other websites are a very important component of search engine optimisation. Poor quality links not only won’t increase your traffic or ranking, but they can also damage your domain and potentially attract a penalty from Google, or other search engines, if the site linked to has violated any webmaster guidelines.
We take link building very seriously and we make sure that all the sites that we place links on are well screened before any placement. Some of the link building we did included;
- Outreach to relevant blogs to feature Dr Naveen Somia’s content and gain quality backlinks to the website.
- Listing of the website on medical, health and local directories
- Submission of infographics, videos, and relevant marketing material to submission sites
Figure 7: Organic traffic growth over time
“They have methodically transformed my digital presence and my sales have gone through the roof. I have not been disappointed and to be honest, they have exceeded my expectations. I look forward to a long relationship with OMD.”
Dr Geoff Cashion
Owner of Vasectomy Australia
“We’ve seen a significant increase in our website traffic and enquiries by over 300%, with an obvious uptake in new patient enquiries and conversions coming through the clinic. We’ve seen a complete turnaround in our online presence in several spaces that we are advertising in.”
Ms Christy Xuan
Owner of Lumiere Beauty Clinic
“They put together a comprehensive strategy and plan to improve our digital marketing presence (SEO, PPC ads, Website Content and Landing Pages), and so far we can see obvious improved results from the work that they have done.”
Dr Chandran Arianayagam
Plastic Surgeon/Owner of PCLS Coffs Harbour
“It’s now been 4 months and I am nothing but impressed with this team. They’ve delivered above their projections and continually over-deliver on their promises. The team is quick to respond to any issues, their professionalism is second to none.”
General Manager of Dr Hodgkinson Clinic
“Enquiries have gone crazy and the number of enquiries has increased three-fold ever since they started 6 months ago. The team and Huyen have been very responsive to support us along the way with our IT problems, they are very thorough and results-driven with their work. We would highly recommend them.”
CEO of ICCM & Crown Clinic
“We found that we are spending almost one-fourth of our previous budget and getting double the conversion which is a great deal to achieve in a short period of time.”
Dr Mark Attalla
Cosmetic Surgeon / Owner of Chelsea Cosmetics
“We’ve seen a significant increase in our website traffic by over 200%, we’ve gone from having 12 enquiries to anywhere from 50 to 100 enquiries in a month, while consistently filling our list times at the hospital.”
Dr Michael Yunaev
Cosmetic Surgeon, Specialist Breast (Oncoplastic)
“Over the last 12 months we have increased the web traffic by over 100% and also increased the conversion by over 100%.”
Dr Naveen Somia
MBBS, PhD, FRACS Plastic Surgeon
“The number of requests for consultations is at least doubled from the last 5 months, which is a very good sign. I’ve enjoyed working with both principles.”
Dr Darryl Hodgkinson
Plastic Surgeon / Owner of Double Bay Day Surgery