"Online Marketing For Doctors has made a significant change in my business over the last 12 months. The success didn't happen overnight and it required a tremendous effort from the OMD team. We've seen a significant increase in our website traffic by over 200%, with an obvious uptake in new patient enquiries and conversions coming through the clinic. We've seen a complete turnaround in our online presence in a number of spaces that we are advertising in. We've gone from having 12 enquiries to anywhere from 50 to 100 enquiries in a month, while consistently filling our list times at the hospital; which is a huge improvement. And more so, the leads that are coming in are more serious, with more intention to book in a surgery than previously, which is making it easier for us to convert them into a patient. Overall, I've had very good experience with OMD and would highly recommend them to you and I hope that you can succeed like that."
Dr Michael Yunaev – Cosmetic Surgeon/Owner of the Breast and Body Clinic
- Young medical, reconstructive surgeon
- Premium pricing with no special offers
- Few patient reviews, or before and after work on the website
- Unclear brand positioning and undefined market segment
- Underperforming website and search marketing campaign conversion rates
- High cost of new lead acquisition
- No automated lead follow-up process in place
Dr Michael Yunaev is a young and rising cosmetic surgeon in Australia specialising in breast procedures for men and women.
Despite being excellent in what he does, his online visibility was fairly weak with low website visibility (his own name and clinic name were not even found on top of search results). There were not many patient reviews and the website content were thin without in-depth content, videos, previous patients’ case studies and before and after images.
The website traffic was low and the Google ads campaign was not strong enough to generate a substantial number of leads.
He worked with several branding and marketing agencies before without much success.
In December 2018, Dr Yunaev decided to search for a professional digital marketing consultant who has experience specifically with medical industry and track record in medical sector, he reached out to Online Marketing For Doctors (OMD) team and after a thorough interview and background check, OMD team were commissioned to work on Breast and Body Clinic’s website. Finally, he found the breakthrough with OMD.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS WE...
Increase in new
traffic to Breast
and Body Clinic’s
Results after an initial 12 month campaign;
- A 148% increase in monthly web traffic to Breast and Body Clinic’s website.
- 140% increase in leads
- Top of page 1 ranking for hyper-competitive keywords such as “liposuction Sydney” “tummy tuck Sydney” “gynecomastia Sydney” “breast cancer surgeon Sydney” on Google maps and organic search results
Figure 1: Top ranking for competitive keyword such as “liposuction Sydney” “tummy tuck Sydney” “gynecomastia Sydney” “breast cancer surgeon Sydney” on Google maps and organic search results
Figure 2: Traffic and conversion performance compared to the same time last year
Clarify 3 Foundational Marketing Questions For Breast and Body Clinic
This is a critically important session that allowed us to give the Breast and Body Clinic a clear direction for their online marketing activities, resources and to establish a clear pathway to reach their business goals.
We sat down with Dr Michael Yunaev, and gained some fundamental information about the practice: target patients, key services, their niches, differences, strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities from the market, and we used this information to devise a custom online marketing strategy for Breast and Body Clinic.
There are 3 main foundational questions that we need to be able to answer to better accelerate Breast and Body Clinic’s marketing efforts;
- Question 1: Who is their dream patient?
- Question 2: Where are they hanging out?
- Question 3: What hooks can we use to get their attention and bring them into our client’s clinic?
When you have the perfect vision of who your dream patient or client is, it becomes easy to find where they are congregating.
On the other hand, if you don’t have perfect clarity on who that person is, it’s really hard to find them.
Research on What Strong Competitors Do and How They Do Well
Our competitor research is designed to gain a clear understanding of who are our clients’ strongest competitors- what are their competitive advantages, value propositions and online marketing activities. We specifically identify;
- Where do these competitors advertise?
- How is their advertising working?
- Which are their biggest website traffic referral sources?
- SEO Strategy: what keywords are they targeting, where do they build links, where do they promote their websites?
Gaining an insight into what competitors do and how competitors they do it gives our team and the client directions on how to surpass them.
Revamp the Website to Increase User Experience and Conversion Rate
One of the critical steps that other digital marketing agencies don’t do is to review and improve the website user experience and conversion rate. Website is the cornerstone of all web marketing promotion and it doesn’t matter how much good traffic is driven to the website if it doesn’t convert well, all the effort just goes down the drain.
The changes include;
- Strong, clear call to action button
- Revamp the website look and feel to make it more organised, easy for users to navigate
- Feature best-selling points of the procedure, provide patients more educational info such as videos, images, reference to credible information source.
The results of these changes are that the website now has reduced bounce rate, users’ longer time on site, users’ more pages/visits and most importantly there is an increased conversion rate for Organic traffic: from 9.53% to 12.05% (26.38%) and for Paid traffic: 16.46% to 22.34% (35.72%).
Highlight Breast and Body Clinic’s Value Proposition and Key Differences from Other surgeons
After conducting extensive research on the industry and Breast and Body Clinic ’s biggest competitors, and also after interviewing Breast and Body Clinic themselves, we were able to identify Breast and Body Clinic ’s biggest strengths and value proposition, and the key points of difference compared to the competition.
We then highlighted these key selling points on the website home page and all subpages to ensure that their target prospects would be able to view them easily from wherever they landed on the website.
Figure 3: Screenshot of the website before and after
Comprehensive Keyword Research For All Targeted Suburb, Services and Blog Content
We extensively researched appropriate keywords for all of the service pages on the website. We also conducted comprehensive long-tail keyword research to find out which search terms that users used to find information related to Breast and Body Clinic ’s main services.
This comprehensive keyword research enabled us to devise a strategy to help Breast and Body Clinic target all the important suburbs in Melbourne.
We also looked at the paid traffic data to determine the search queries that drive more conversions for the website and prioritise these keywords.
The keyword research not only covers short-tail but also long-tail keywords for blog content development.
Build More Niche Service Pages
We gradually built more pages for Breast and Body Clinic by adding highly specific niche service pages with unique content.
A website with 100 pages has greater traffic than a 10-page website, simply because it offers more topics that users could search for.
We applied this strategy on Breast and Body Clinic ’s service pages by creating more pages to target any possible keyword themes that users would search for:
- Breast Augmentation With Fat Transfer
- Breast Lift Without Implants
- Breast Lift & Augmentation With Implants
- Breast Lift With Fat Transfer
- Breast Reduction & Lift
- Breast Reduction With Implants
- Breast Reduction By Liposuction
Figure 4: Ranking number 1 for "breast reduction with implants"
Figure 5: Ranking number 2 for “breast lift with fat transfer Sydney"
Implement On-site SEO Best Practices
We implemented best practice for on-page optimisation adhering to Google and other search engine webmaster guidelines;
- Rewrite benefits-driven copy that places users at the centre. Our goal is to create a website that users can quickly find the information they need more easily.
- Ensuring Proper Indexation: Through the use of sitemaps, pagination, no-indexing tags and the reconciliation of all duplicate content, we were able to ensure the proper indexation of Breast and Body Clinic ’s website.
- Individually crafted, uniquely written Meta Titles, Meta Descriptions, and Heading tags for all pages. By optimising the site’s title tags, meta description tags, heading tags and content to include targeted keywords, we were able to increase the Click Through Rate on the search result listing and targeted search traffic.
- Improve the website's load times for proper SEO on both desktop and mobile devices. This is one of the key elements to increase the website ranking performance.
- “No Follow” for unimportant links
- External linking to highly authoritative website
- Add image ALT tags to all images
- Other technical SEO setups
Gain Local Reviews – Greatest SEO Weapon
As part of our local SEO works, we assisted Breast and Body Clinic to reach out to their current and future patients asking for real testimonials for the website and to actively leave reviews on Breast and Body Clinic ’s Google My Business Listing account.
We understand that businesses with large volumes of positive reviews started ranking higher than those with few or negative reviews.
This helps Breast and Body Clinic to have;
- Increased search rankings: the more positive reviews that you have, the higher you’re going to rank
- Increased referral traffic: Breast and Body Clinic is gaining referral traffic from not only Google My Business Listing but Facebook and other local and industry review sites as well.
- Greater brand authority: When people read great reviews about Breast and Body Clinic brand, they’ll be more likely to start with a great impression of Breast and Body Clinic ’s practice, and more likely to spread the word to their friends and family.
- Gained critical feedback opportunities: Sometimes doing business isn’t perfect. In both positive and negative reviews of Breast and Body Clinic ’s operation, Breast and Body Clinic finds critical pieces of feedback that they can learn from and use to make their practice even better.
Figure 6: Breast and Body Clinic has gained a good number of positive reviews on their Google My Business Listing
Build High Quality Links
Incoming links from other websites are a very important component of search engine optimisation. Poor quality links not only will not increase your traffic or ranking, but they can also damage your domain and potentially attract a penalty from Google or other search engines if the site linked to has violated any webmaster guidelines.
We take link building very seriously and we make sure that all the sites that we place links on are well screened before any placement. Some of the link building we did include:
- Outreach to relevant blogs to feature Breast and Body Clinic ’s content and gain quality backlinks to the website.
- Listing of the website on medical, health and local directories
- Submission of videos, and relevant marketing material to submission sites
- Press release campaign to gain positive media mentions for Breast and Body Clinic
Figure 7: Organic traffic growth over time (compared to the previous period)
Create Dedicated Landing Page For Google Ads Campaign
One of the main Paid Per Click advertising strategies is to build dedicated landing page without distractions and single focused call to action. The landing page helps answer all possible questions that prospects might have. The landing page helps increase conversions by 115%.
Figure 8: The effort to revamping landing pages helped increase the conversion rate from 2.22% to 4.78%, and the absolute number of conversions by 334.95% over the past 8 month period.
SKAG Google Ads Strategy and Cost Per Click Negotiation Process With Google
This is the strategy that not many agencies know of and we’ve applied successfully for many clients and helped clients reduce budget by up to 100% and double their conversions, reduce their cost per acquisition significantly.
SKAG means Single Keyword Ad Group Strategy - we only use one keyword or very close version of that keyword in the ad group, for example “Breast Lift Sydney” and “Breast Lift In Sydney”.
This will ensure that the ad copy matches users’ search queries, hence increasing Click Through Rate.
Another strategy for bidding is we have a negotiation process with Google and always start lower than average low-range bid of a particular keyword’s cost per click and increase it up to the point that Google is willing to show the ads. This helps make sure that we don’t overpay Google and together with SKAG structure, we can control the CPC of the keyword very well and know the exact real cost of a particular keyword.
“They have methodically transformed my digital presence and my sales have gone through the roof. I have not been disappointed and to be honest they have exceeded my expectations. I look forward to a long relationship with OMD.”
Dr Geoff Cashion
Owner of Vasectomy Australia
“We’ve seen a significant increase in our website traffic and enquiries by over 300%, with an obvious uptake in new patient enquiries and conversions coming through the clinic. We’ve seen a complete turnaround in our online presence in a number of spaces that we are advertising in.”
Ms Christy Xuan
Owner of Lumiere Beauty Clinic
“They put together a comprehensive strategy and plan to improve our digital marketing presence (SEO, PPC ads, Website Content and Landing Pages), and so far we can see obvious improved results from the work that they have done.”
Dr Chandran Arianayagam
Plastic Surgeon/Owner of PCLS Coffs Harbour
“It’s now been 4 months and I am nothing but impressed with this team. They’ve delivered above their projections and continually over deliver on their promises. The team is quick to respond to any issues, their professionalism is second to none.”
General Manager of Dr Hodgkinson Clinic
“Enquiries have gone crazy and the number of enquiries has increased three-fold ever since they started 6 months ago. The team and Huyen have been very responsive to support us along the way with our IT problems, they are very thorough and results-driven with their work. We would highly recommend them.”
CEO of ICCM & Crown Clinic
“We found that we are spending almost one fourth of our previous budget and getting double the conversion which is great deal to achieve in a short period of time.”
Dr. Mark Attalla
Cosmetic Surgeon / Owner of Chelsea Medicals
“We’ve seen a significant increase in our website traffic by over 200%, we’ve gone from having 12 enquiries to anywhere from 50 to 100 enquiries in a month, while consistently filling our list times at the hospital.”
Dr Michael Yunaev
Cosmetic Surgeon, Specialist Breast (Oncoplastic)
“Over the last 12 months we have increased the web traffic by over 100% and also increased the conversion by over 100%.”
Dr. Naveen Somia
MBBS, PhD, FRACS Plastic Surgeon
“The number of requests for consultations is at least doubled from the last 5 months, which is very good sign. I’ve enjoyed working with both principles.”
Dr Darryl Hodgkinson
Plastic Surgeon / Owner of Double Bay Day Surgery